Our Google reviews
Premium services offered
We provide the following premium services across Sydney and New South Wales:
Conveyancing – Purchasers
- all conveyancing work to take you from purchase through to settlement
- contract review
- negotiation and advice on contractual terms you may wish to include/exclude as part of your offer
- liaising with your bank to prepare funds for settlement
- preparation of the relevant transfer and revenue office forms required
- liaising with the Vendor’s solicitors to prepare the relevant documents and calculation of final balance payable at settlement
- settlement attendance
Conveyancing – Vendors
- all conveyancing work to take you from sale through to settlement
- drafting a Contract of Sale
- all conveyancing-related disbursements including water, utilities and council searches
- liaising with the Purchaser’s solicitors to prepare the relevant documents and calculation of final balance payable at settlement
- settlement attendance
Conveyancing – Title Transfers
- liaising with the mortgagee (if applicable) for their consent
- providing copies of required documents to your bank or lender
- preparation of title rectification documents
- lodgement of documentation and engagement with the NSW Land Registry Services to enable the rectification
- any required post-lodgement follow-up on matters
Conveyancing – Contract Reviews
- Before you sign any documentation to purchase a property, it is important to read the fine print and understand any exclusions, covenants, restrictions or peculiarities associated with the property
- Our conveyancing services include a full review of a contract. We’ll provide you with a summary of our key findings so you can be fully informed when you bid for your property
There is one standard form contract used for properties sold in Sydney. As any good conveyancer or property lawyer would tell you, whether you are purchasing or selling, ensure you have your contract reviewed or prepared correctly before signing.
Tips for Purchasers
Get advice on a 66W certificate
NSW is the only state that offers a standard five clear business day cool-off period. This means you can cool off for whatever reason within five days of signing the contract. The agent will prompt you for a Section 66W Certificate, which waives your right to cool off. Make sure you speak to your property lawyer or conveyancer before providing the certificate.
Add a range of special conditions
From subject to finance to building and pest inspection, your property lawyer or conveyancer can help tailor special conditions to meet your needs.
Tips for Vendors
Be contract ready
You cannot advertise the sale of your property until you have a valid contract prepared or a draft contract that includes a Section 52 Statement containing the very least, a property certificate of land, plan of land, Section 10.7(2) certificate, and sewerage location diagram.
Consider an early deposit release
You can draft a condition into your contract to ensure you have early access to your deposit to use it as payment towards a newly purchased property. This saves you dipping into your savings.
What to expect when the contracts are exchanged?
Your conveyancer or property lawyer will prepare for settlement, usually 45 days from signing the contract. If you are purchasing, make sure you pay transfer duty within three months of the contract date to avoid any unpaid tax interest. If you are selling, remember to provide the buyer with a land tax clearance certificate and the 184 Certificate (if required) before the settlement date.
About W Legal Group
W Legal Group was established in 2011 and delivers premium services to its clients in Sydney. W Legal Group has built expertise in all areas of property law, conveyancing and ancillary services.
What sets us apart is the consistency and efficiency in the delivery of our services. We care about the client experience and provide personalised support and service when you need and want. We are always looking to represent clients who appreciate our quality of service and would value the opportunity to represent you.
Our fixed fee guarantee
We will never surprise clients with unexpected fees. Once we provide you with our quote, our fees are fixed and cover everything necessary to complete the work. If your scope of work changes, we will always advise you first if there will be more associated costs.
Our value proposition
- Deep bench of lawyers and conveyancing experts
- Multilingual capability able to service all clientele
- Highly experienced to deliver reliable service
- People, processes and systems to ensure consistent high-quality service
- Exceptional client satisfaction