Our Google reviews
Premium services offered
We provide the following premium services across Brisbane and Queensland:
Conveyancing – Purchasers
- all conveyancing work to take you from purchase through to settlement
- contract review
- negotiation and advice on contractual terms you may wish to include/exclude as part of your offer
- liaising with your bank to prepare funds for settlement
- preparation of the relevant transfer and revenue office forms required
- liaising with the Vendor’s solicitors to prepare the relevant documents and calculation of final balance payable at settlement
- settlement attendance
Conveyancing – Vendors
- all conveyancing work to take you from sale through to settlement
- all conveyancing-related disbursements including water, utilities and council searches
- liaising with the Purchaser’s solicitors to prepare the relevant documents and calculation of final balance payable at settlement
- settlement attendance
Conveyancing – Title Transfers
- liaising with the mortgagee (if applicable) for their consent
- providing copies of required documents to your bank or lender
- preparation of title rectification documents
- lodgement of documentation and engagement with Titles Queensland to enable the rectification
- any required post-lodgement follow-up on matters
Conveyancing – Contract Reviews
- Before you sign any documentation to purchase a property, it is important to read the fine print and understand any exclusions, covenants, restrictions or peculiarities associated with the property
- Our conveyancing services include a full review of a contract. We’ll provide you with a summary of our key findings so you can be fully informed when you bid for your property
Property Lawyers Brisbane
The type of contract provided to a buyer purchasing property in Brisbane depends on the type of property that is being sold. For example, a contract for a standalone house and an apartment under a Strata will be different. When buying or selling, make sure the contract is reviewed or prepared properly by a solicitor, so you understand the property from a legal point of view.
Tips for Purchasers
When purchasing property in Brisbane, the most important part of ensuring a smooth settlement is by preparing the funds required. After paying the deposit, you will need to consider other costs such as PEXA fees, bank fees, searches fees, conveyancing fees and stamp duty. Stamp duty is payable 30 days after the contract is signed, or after it becomes unconditional. That means that stamp duty may be due before settlement, so you may need to prepare your finances ahead of time.
You may also consider arranging a building and pest inspection, or other searches, to understand any defects in a property. If there is anything you are not satisfied with, you can elect to end the contract.
Tips for Vendors
When you sell your property in Brisbane, you must ensure the property is handed over to the buyer with compliant smoke alarms and safety switches. If on the day the contract is signed and the smoke alarms and switches are not compliant, you need to ensure they are compliant by settlement or penalties may apply.
At settlement, council and water rates are adjusted so that you are not paying for any rates beyond settlement day. Whereas land tax is solely payable by the seller and cannot be conferred on the buyer.
About W Legal Group
W Legal Group was established in 2011 and delivers premium services to its clients in Brisbane. W Legal Group has built expertise in all areas of property law, conveyancing and ancillary services.
What sets us apart is the consistency and efficiency in the delivery of our services. We care about the client experience and provide personalised support and service when you need and want. We are always looking to represent clients who appreciate our quality of service and would value the opportunity to represent you.
Our fixed fee guarantee
We will never surprise clients with unexpected fees. Once we provide you with our quote, our fees are fixed and cover everything necessary to complete the work. If your scope of work changes, we will always advise you first if there will be more associated costs.
Our value proposition
- Deep bench of lawyers and conveyancing experts
- Multilingual capability able to service all clientele
- Highly experienced to deliver reliable service
- People, processes and systems to ensure consistent high-quality service
- Exceptional client satisfaction