Our Google reviews
Premium services offered
We provide the following premium services across Perth and Western Australia:
Conveyancing – Purchasers
- all conveyancing work to take you from purchase through to settlement
- contract review
- negotiation and advice on contractual terms you may wish to include/exclude as part of your offer
- liaising with your bank to prepare funds for settlement
- preparation of the relevant transfer and revenue office forms required
- liaising with the Vendor’s solicitors to prepare the relevant documents and calculation of final balance payable at settlement
- settlement attendance
- notification to all the relevant water, council, revenue authorities of your purchase.
Conveyancing – Vendors
- all conveyancing work to take you from sale through to settlement
- all conveyancing-related disbursements including water, utilities and council searches
- liaising with the Purchaser’s solicitors to prepare the relevant documents and calculation of final balance payable at settlement
- settlement attendance
Conveyancing – Title Transfers
- liaising with the mortgagee (if applicable) for their consent
- providing copies of required documents to your bank or lender
- preparation of title rectification documents
- lodgement of documentation and engagement with Landgate to enable the rectification
- any required post-lodgement follow-up on matters
Conveyancing – Contract Reviews
- Before you sign any documentation to purchase a property, it is important to read the fine print and understand any exclusions, covenants, restrictions or peculiarities associated with the property
- Our conveyancing services include a full review of a contract. We’ll provide you with a summary of our key findings so you can be fully informed when you bid for your property
Australian law imposes different requirements for vendors and purchasers, which differ from state to state. See below for tips and tricks when purchasing and selling property in Perth.
Tips for Purchasers and Vendors
Due Diligence & Disclosure Requirements
In WA, there are no vendor disclosure requirements before entering a contract for a property sale. The onus is on the purchaser to conduct pre-purchase due diligence. If repairs are required, a special condition should be included in the contract to obligate the seller to remedy defects before settlement.
Upon satisfaction, we encourage purchasers to make conditional offers to purchase a property where all gas, electrical, and plumbing equipment is in working order at settlement.
You may also consider other conditions such as ‘subject to finance approval’ and ‘subject to building and pest inspection’.
Cooling off period
A cooling-off period allows the purchasers to end the contract within a specific time frame.
Unlike some states, there is no mandatory cooling-off period unless agreed upon by both parties. Therefore, purchasers must conduct their due diligence on the property before signing the contract.
Paper and Electronic Settlements
There are two approaches to settling property in Perth, paper settlements and electronic settlements.
Paper settlements require all transaction representatives to meet at a location and exchange documents and cheques. Electronic conveyancing occurs on PEXA, allowing multiple properties to settle concurrently.
These are several transactions that cannot be lodged on PEXA, such as but not limited to:
- Documents that have been signed on paper before 12 December 2018
- Transfers where the transferor is an executor/administrator
- Mortgage does not affect all registered proprietors
About W Legal Group
W Legal Group was established in 2011 and delivers premium services to its clients in Perth. W Legal Group has built expertise in all areas of property law, conveyancing and ancillary services.
What sets us apart is the consistency and efficiency in the delivery of our services. We care about the client experience and provide personalised support and service when you need and want. We are always looking to represent clients who appreciate our quality of service and would value the opportunity to represent you.
Our fixed fee guarantee
We will never surprise clients with unexpected fees. Once we provide you with our quote, our fees are fixed and cover everything necessary to complete the work. If your scope of work changes, we will always advise you first if there will be more associated costs.
Our value proposition
- Deep bench of lawyers and conveyancing experts
- Multilingual capability able to service all clientele
- Highly experienced to deliver reliable service
- People, processes and systems to ensure consistent high-quality service
- Exceptional client satisfaction