Our Google reviews
Premium services offered
We provide the following premium services across Adelaide and South Australia:
Conveyancing – Purchasers
- all conveyancing work to take you from purchase through to settlement
- contract and Form 1 review
- negotiation and advice on contractual terms you may wish to include/exclude as part of your offer
- liaising with your bank to prepare funds for settlement
- preparation of the relevant transfer and revenue office forms required
- liaising with the Vendor’s solicitors to prepare the relevant documents and calculation of final balance payable at settlement
- settlement attendance
Conveyancing – Vendors
- all conveyancing work to take you from sale through to settlement
- all conveyancing-related disbursements including water, utilities and council searches
- liaising with the Purchaser’s solicitors to prepare the relevant documents and calculation of final balance payable at settlement
- settlement attendance
Conveyancing – Title Transfers
- liaising with the mortgagee (if applicable) for their consent
- providing copies of required documents to your bank or lender
- preparation of title rectification documents
- lodgement of documentation and engagement with the Land Services SA to enable the rectification
- any required post-lodgement follow-up on matters
Conveyancing – Contract Reviews
- Before you sign any documentation to purchase a property, it is important to read the fine print and understand any exclusions, covenants, restrictions or peculiarities associated with the property
- Our conveyancing services include a full review of a contract. We’ll provide you with a summary of our key findings so you can be fully informed when you bid for your property
You may be aware the laws and regulations in each state are different. See below for tips when buying or selling property in Adelaide.
Tips for Purchasers
Due Diligence Period
The purchaser is responsible for ensuring they did their due diligence before signing a contract to purchase.
Your conveyancer or lawyer can help you with ordering certificates or speak with the agent, or sales representatives to give you a feel for the market in the area you are purchasing.
If you are buying or building a new home in Adelaide and use it as your principal place of residence, you may be eligible for the first home owner grant of up to $15,000.
Stamp duty is calculated based on the contract price or the market value of the property, whichever is higher. Stamp duty can be paid on the completion date.
Cooling Off Period
When buying property in Adelaide, the purchaser can withdraw from the contract within two business days after the vendor has served the Form 1.
Tips for Vendors
Preparing Contract of Sale
Usually, the Contract is prepared by the Real Estate Agent when selling a property in Adelaide.
Your lawyer or conveyancer may also prepare it.
Form 1 (Vendor’s Statement)
The vendor must serve a Form 1 at least ten clear days before the completion date.
Form 1 includes all details relating to the property, it discloses details of the land, cooling-off rights, tables for relevant mortgages, charges and prescribed encumbrances affecting the property, and certificates to verify the matters related to the property.
Smoke Alarm Compliance
It is the responsibility of the owners of the property to install smoke alarms. Failing to meet this compliance requirement could attract a fine.
About W Legal Group
W Legal Group was established in 2011 and delivers premium services to its clients in Adelaide. W Legal Group has built expertise in all areas of property law, conveyancing and ancillary services.
What sets us apart is the consistency and efficiency in the delivery of our services. We care about the client experience and provide personalised support and service when you need and want. We are always looking to represent clients who appreciate our quality of service and would value the opportunity to represent you.
Our fixed fee guarantee
We will never surprise clients with unexpected fees. Once we provide you with our quote, our fees are fixed and cover everything necessary to complete the work. If your scope of work changes, we will always advise you first if there will be more associated costs.
Our value proposition
- Deep bench of lawyers and conveyancing experts
- Multilingual capability able to service all clientele
- Highly experienced to deliver reliable service
- People, processes and systems to ensure consistent high-quality service
- Exceptional client satisfaction